What is Clean Boot? Why do we need to do Clean Boot?
Clean booting in windows 10/8/7 is a process to use limited drivers and programs which we can use to help us to run games or program that need performance.
How to do a Clean Boot in Windows?
- Log in to your administrator account.
- Open Run – press “Windows+R” button to start Run. Then write “MSConfig” and press enter.
- In the General tab in the Startup selection choose the Selective startup. Now uncheck Load startup items and make sure Load system services and Use original boot configuration are checked. Refer to the below image for reference.
- Now to go Services tab. Check the “Hide all Microsoft services” and click on “Disable all”. Note: Some of your programs wont run or wont respond because we have disabled all the services except Microsoft, So before you click on “Disable all” you might want to look for any specific service that you might need to work upon.
- Now Click on Apply and OK button.
Now your Windows is in Clean Boot state and should perform better than before.
Note: If you found any problems then you can undo all the steps this will revert all the changes you have done and your windows will be normal as before.